The long story is complicated and maddening, but it is one that you have had to detail time and time again. In an effort to make sure that you are not going to see serious deductions in your government paycheck you seem to fighting an uphill battle.
An official memo from record management services that you received last December indicated that you had been overpaid the last 24 months. After close examination of all of your payroll records and long conversations with your supervisors and HR representatives, however, you have been able to prove that no such error took place. And while your in house payroll management lead agrees with your research, there seems to be no way to stop the impending and significant payroll deduction that is supposed to go into effect at the end of this month. Your union representative assures you that if the deductions begin you will eventually be paid back. That assurance, however, does nothing to help you navigate the difficult shortfalls that you will be experiencing for the next four to six months.
Payroll and Record Management Services Can Help Your Company Avoid Small Errors That Can Quickly Become Big Problems
Whether you are making payroll for small companies or large corporations, errors can be costly. Even the smallest error in federal tax payroll deductions can, overtime, turn into a very big problem for both employees and employers. Has your company considered the following advantages of contracting with an outsourced payroll processing firm:
- The payroll process can be complex, risky, and expensive if you make a mistake, and can serve as one of the major potential problems facing a small business owner.
- If you own a company that does business in both the U.S. and Canada, the payroll and HR management can be very different because of separate laws and regulations.
- Only one report needs to be approved and only one invoice needs to be paid when a company outsources its payroll.
- More than Over 85% of certified public accountants recommend that small businesses employ the expertise of professional payroll service providers.
- Ongoing HR support, guidance, and expertise when dealing with sensitive employment issues can also be provided by payroll processing companies.
Payroll involves much more than just cutting checks, so it important that you work with a provider that provides a full menu of services.