Investing is a necessity for any adult interested in advancing their life and living a comfortable life in retirement. There are many types of investments and many industries that will happily, even gratefully, accept the money of those that choose to invest. Every industry has different reasons for investment and one with unique reasons that lures the interest of many is that of commercial real estate. These five reasons to invest in commercial real estate alone should explain to anyone why it is such a tempting option.
- Higher Regular Income: Of course, many investments yield some degree of income, but stock dividends are usually not going to approach that available in commercial real estate investing. Commercial property investing is often secured through the leases, and the monthly payments from one of these can be enough to support an individual without any other work on their part.
- Appreciation: Similar to the previous reason, commercial real estate is not special in that it generally sees value rise over the years. It is unique in its appreciation rate, which is historically higher than other types of investments.
- Inflation: Many people are well aware that the rate of inflation is not always, or often, matched by the value of investments or the money people earn. Commercial real estate, however, has the highest consistency with the rate of inflation.
- Cash In On Equity: For those that time their investment correctly, there is a substantial amount of profit available to be made upon that equity of a property upon the sale of a property during the ups and downs of the market. Put simply, buy a property when the cost is low, put in some improvements and sell it when the prices are high.
- Tangible Asset: Anyone that pays attention can think of an example of a company that was once highly lucrative that suddenly turned into a nightmare for investors. Enron is a prime example. No matter how profitable a company might be for its shareholders, the fact remains that the value of that share is maintained by something intangible. One of the primary reasons to invest in commercial real estate is that it is an investment that can be touched and inspected and seen by those putting their money into it.
There is value in land and the structures built upon it that other things will never be able to match. As a result of this, the reasons to invest in commercial real estate listed here will likely always be true, or they will be replaced with others. Given that, there should be no prohibitive factor preventing anyone searching for an investment from researching commercial real estate investing basics or finding investment mortgage lenders today.